He really is “super.”
August 2018 Men’s Journal cover star Henry Cavill plays Superman on the big screen, but when he’s working out in the gym, he looks like he might as well have real-life superpowers. Cavill got himself in fantastic shape to play the legendary hero in Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, and Justice League, making it totally believable that he was a super-strong alien from the planet Krypton.
He also got himself in prime shape to play a CIA operative in Mission: Impossible — Fallout alongside Tom Cruise.
Cavill went through some intense training to get into peak physical shape—he and his trainer detailed those workouts for us, so you can try them too—using squats, kettlebell training, burpees, explosive step ups, chinups, and shuttle runs to get his body ripped. Just like his fellow superhero co-star from Justice League, grizzly man Jason Momoa, Cavill enjoys sharing his workouts on social media, giving us a peek at how Superman gets so, well, super.
Here are quite a few times that Cavill was basically Superman while training.
13. Cavill finishes off another intense Jiu-Jitsu workout—and he brought his buddy Kal with him:
12. Cavill working on his hips:
11. Cavill gets a back squat going:
Squats play a big part in Cavill’s Justice League workout routine—check it out here.
10. Cavill gets in some dumbbell squats:
9. Cavill working his legs as he comes back from an injury:
8. Cavill gets back on his grind after dealing with a knee injury—check out those massive arms:
7. Cavill slides his way to peak fitness as he comes back from a knee injury:
6. Superman unleashes the “beast” for this (eventual) lift:
5. Cavill put his body through some intense training to play Superman—he’s cut with a six-pack, plus his delts and pecs looks huge:
The British actor had to bulk up multiple times to play Superman—first for Man of Steel, and then again for Batman v. Superman and Justice League.
4. Cavill getting the upper hand on Roger Gracie in a Brazilian jiu-jitsu training session:
3. Who says Superman doesn’t need cardio? Cavill works up his endurance with some stair climbing sessions (including one as a shower cap-wearing hero):
2. Just like his Justice League co-star Jason Momoa (who gets grizzly in the gym), Cavill ends a workout with a rope session:
Momoa likes a good rope session. You know who else does? Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
1. Cavill finishes off a”super” lift while bulking up for Justice League:
Want to try Cavill’s muscle-building Justice League workout? Check out the details on Cavill’s workout and bulk up.
Source Link – https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/11-times-henry-cavill-was-basically-superman-gym/